Thursday, April 3, 2008

Woo Hoo 5 miles

I did it and then some.. I ran 4 1/2 miles today and power walked 1/2 of mile so i got in 5 miles total.. It was great!! I couldn't believe it.. About mile 2 my knee started hurting and i didnt think i was going to make 4 miles which was the goal but i kept pushing through and by mile 3 my leg was either numb or i just got used to the pain because i couldn't feel the pain hardly at all so i got in my 4 miles and then i went home grabbed a drink of water and grabbed the dog and went 1 more mile. running half and power walking half. The dog was wanting to go further but i thought i was probably done by then. There was only a couple times i thought i had reached the pooped out stage but i forced myself to keep going and i did it. I am so proud of myself... woo hoo..

It was a great day!!! Well This is all im going to post spending time with the kids tonight.. Gotta go

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Okay I am more than impressed! How can you just decide to start running and GO FIVE MILES????? That is NOT fair!!!! Do you know how slow I started out? It was a celebration when I was able to run for one MINUTE! It took me about a week to get up to a mile! Maybe even two weeks!!!! Holy cow girl, you were born to run! You should enter in some races and win some medals! I started last June and just this winter I was able to do the five! I did run a 6 mile race in the fall, but hadn't done more than 4 before that or after until this winter! You need to start yourself a running blog! GO GIRL! YOU ROCK!