Friday, April 11, 2008

Fridays Feast (Leftovers)


Today they didnt post a Fridays feast so I am doing one of the old ones that I did not do. Leftovers are always great!!!

Friday's Feast

Appetizer
If you could be any current celebrity for one whole week, who would you want to be?
Gosh that is a hard one. There is 2 that i wouldnt mind being, Jennifer Aniston I think she is fun and has a great personality and is really funny and witty at least on tv she appears that way. Plus she is beautiful.. And Angelie Jolie. Has a great body well when she's not pregnant.. Of course i wish i would have looked as good as she does pregnant. She has alot of money. And of course she is with Brad Pitt....

Soup
On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you enjoy talking on the phone?
Oh it depends on the person I'm talking to and what i am doing at the moment. I usually dont like talking a whole lot but if i am not doing anything and it's someone i care alot about i can find my self talking for an hour at times.

Salad
Name a charitable organization to which you have donated (or would like to).
I just donated to a group who is trying to protect children from the toys that are being made with the harmful plastic that they have been recalling. If i had alot of money i would like to donate to some of the fundraisers they do for the children over in africa and various areas that are starving and or have Aids, malaria, and have lost their parents. It breaks my heart to see that kind of stuff...

Main Course
What is a food you like so much you could eat it every single day for a month?
Hershey's reeces mini peanut butter cups. Oh wait i have already ate those every day for a month!!!!!! LOL And i wish i could do so without any side affects.. No wonder im packing on the pounds..

Dessert
Have you or anyone in your family had the flu this year?
Thank Heavens no (knock on wood) we have had a few colds, bad case of strep but nothing to bad.. And no stomach flu yet yeah!!! There is one thing i just cant stand in this world and it is me or anybody around me throwing up. Yuck... i seriously do not handle it very well and most of the time it has a chain reaction with me.



Well woke up this morning and my swelling in my knee was finally down and my knee felt pretty good. I thought hmm maybe i can go today. Of course i knew it would be foolish to try and run when my knee was twice its size all day yesterday and hurt like crazy so i thought well maybe i can speed walk today. So thats what i did and my knee did great no pain hardly at all. I mean i could feel it mildly but nothing like when i run. I tried a couple times and as soon as i tried running the first step i immediatly felt the sharp stabbing pain. I dont know if it is the angle that the knee is in along with the impact of hitting the pavement when you run or what but as long as i walked and my knee was in that position I was fine. I went a slightly diffrent route today. I decided to walk my dog first so we went 1.3 miles then i dropped him off and grabbed a few swigs of water and went my other route by the time i got probably 4 miles in i had to tinkle so bad i didnt think i was going to make it any further so i cut up past my house and stopped in to take care of that then headed back out and got one more mile in and by the time i finished that mile i was starting to feel my knee a little so i thought it was a good time to stop.
I figured i had gotten in close to 6 miles and i thought i had probably gotten in 6 miles but when i went and drove it to check my total mileage only came to 5.2 so i was kinda bummed.. I think its a little harder to power walk verses running. It takes alot longer so it seems like you poop out a little quicker i dont know. Yesterday when i ran the time just flew by and before i knew it i was already half way through my route and when i got back to my house and checked the clock i just couldnt believe my time. 6 miles in 50 minutes maybe 55 im not positive. But today it just seemed to drag on i just couldnt go fast enough.. As far as it working my body i think it worked it just as well if not better. I could feel it working my butt and hips and thighs pretty good and i was a little sore and achy when i finished so i dont know which way works you the best.. I would really like to know if they have found one way better then the other as far as working the body more and loosing weight, slimming down... But at least i do know it is a whole lot better on your knees and joints. I just didnt enjoy it quite as much..
I think im going to track my weight loss as well in case i need to reflect back i can.. I already mentioned my diet in an earlier posting and im really gonna try and stick with it and commit. Maybe just a little cheating but not like i was. (Maybe only 1 or 2 reeses cups instead of handfuls.) LOL My goal 21 pounds. so far 3 pounds this week!!! Yeah its a start. But seems like I fluctuate alot with these 3 pounds. Over the last 4 or 5 months i seem to go down then i go back up and it usually depends on what i ate the night before, but i never seem to get past the 3 pounds. Owell will keep trying.

5.2 Miles in 70 -75 minutes if you take out the time it took to grab dog and stop and potty....

-3 pounds

3 comments:

nathalia said...

Since I work in the public health/NGO field, I've come to know and study a lot of different charitable organizations. One that is excellent (and for which I know a few of the people involved) is Heifer International, found at http://www.heifer.org/site/c.edJRKQNiFiG/b.204586/k.9430/Gift_Catalog.htm?msource=kw1844
or heifer.org

My family is starting to participate with them in helping in a sustainable way... it's a great organization!

Jen said...

O.k. Raigon, I can't believe you just started running and you can go that far and that fast! That's amazing! I feel so bad about your knee. Nothings worse than wanting to run and physically not being able to do it. I was injured a few years ago and I would seriously start to cry if I saw someone outside running. I would even dream about running with no pain. Crazy! And I didn't even consider myself a "real" runner. Even after running the marathon last year I didn't consider myself a runner because I'm pretty slow. But I do it anyway 'cause I love it! Your family is darling. I love that our youngest are both named Logan. I'm going to stick you on my blog roll too if that's o.k.

Jodi said...

Hey Raigon...

Wondering if you are still alive!!! You haven't posted for a bit and I haven't heard from you on mine. Hope all is well!!!