Wednesday, April 2, 2008

3 Miles Today




Yeah I'm so excited i ran 3 miles today!!! And i could have kept going if it was not for my knee.. physically i felt pumped. I got diffrent headphones for the ipod today so i had my tunes wich made a huge diffrence. Its amazing what music can do to your feelings and body. I didnt have my workout songs downloaded yet so I only had a few on there and the rest was a mix of country, soft rock, church hymns, disney, classical not exactly pumping music with a good beat, and it was funny because when songs like Sarah Brightman or enya came on I could totally feel my body slow down and it was actually difficult to keep going...

I had a diffrent brace on my knee and after the first 2 miles i thought i was going to die. My knee was hurting so bad all the way down my leg and into my foot so i swung by the house and dropped my pooch off and adjusted my brace i think it was to tight and decided to go one more mile. My knee was much better but by the time i finished the last mile it was hurting pretty good. I really wanted to keep going b/c i had great stamina and i wasnt pooped at all. I would love to see just how far i could really go before pooping out. But i just dont think my knee is going to keep up with me.. But i think for never running before i am doing pretty good. I'm quite proud of myself. It's becoming addicting. I really am enjoying it.

My mom keeps telling me i should just do fast walking which she is probably right but it has just been so fun finally being able to run. I know running is supposed to be harder on the joints then walking but i want to know if there is any benefit running over walking or vice versa as far as burning more calories or loosing weight or toning. So all you avid runners out there drop me a line if you know or have some insight for me.. Also do any of you know what i can do for my knee to keep it from hurting so much or how to treat it so i dont do any more damage to it??


So tonight was our annual Pinewood Derby. There were 15 cars and Austin placed 6th and recieved the award for the best painted. He did it all himself so he was excited. He was a little dissapointed not finishing in the top 3 but overall and after recieving the best painted award he felt pretty good.





Well it 11:40 PM and im just finishing up downloading all my workout songs to my ipod so i will be all ready to go tomorrow for my run..That is if i can make it out of bed.. Im trying to decide if I should let my knees rest and ride my bike instead of running. If i do run I'v mapped out a new route which is 4 miles so i'm gonna give it a try and see how my knee holds up.


1 comments:

Jodi said...

Cool car! IT really is! Don't ya just LOVE those pinewood derbies? *wink*wink*