Thursday, April 10, 2008

So Sore Tonight

I want to start a new blog spot for my running but just havn't got the time right now to go in and create one but just wanted to write my progress down. I ran yesterday after going 5 days without doing anything and i thought i would probably be pooped out before i got my 5 miles in, but to my surprise i didnt do to bad. My knee got acting up about 2 miles into it but i managed through it. but by last night i could hardly walk i was hurting so bad. We were also out at a baseball game and it was really cold so i think the cold was affecting my arthritis in that knee.

I didnt think i was going to be able to do much running this morning and i probably shouldnt have but i did and i started out pretty good and my knee didnt really start acting up until about mile 3 and then i went down hill really fast. By the time i finished 4 miles i was hurting. But i went in grabbed the pooch walked him about a half block or so until he did his thing and pee'd on every tree along that street then ran 2 more miles. So i got a total of 6 miles in today.. I think it was probably not the wisest decision because now i am limping and hurting pretty bad. I iced it for an hour when i got home but it is still swollen tonight. I think i am going to have to find a orthopedist out here and go have it looked at. Other then my knee it felt great i loved it. However today was a really warm day. It got up to 78 degrees today. It was so nice. I started about 9:15 this morning and it was about 58 degrees out side. I went without a jacket today it felt so good but when the breeze would stop it was actually a little warm i was really sweating today. I think as it starts to get warmer i am either going to have to get up real early and go in the early morning hours or wait until night. With the humidity out here it just really sucks the life out of you. It was alot more challenging today because of the heat i think. I probably wont be running tomorrow or even for a few days depending on how it does. Maybe i will have to convert to fast walking again and give up running...

I was so having fun being able to finally run and do so well for not having ever ran before but i think that it is going to be to hard on the knee. Maybe i just wasnt cut out for running... But i sure have enjoyed it while it lasted. I will try and get a blog up hopefully in the next week to keep everyone updated and keep a track for myself my progress. If anyone has advise i am all ears..

6 total miles in 50 minutes








So are any of you into watching American Idol.. We have watched every episode for the last 3-4 years. We tivo it. Last night they did their Idol gives back night and i just have the hardest time watching stuff like that and seeing the children over there suffering so much and having no parents. The picture i am putting on here is a grandmother who lost 4 of her children to Aids and is now raising their 8 kids total between them. One of the children she was 14 and she was suffering from aids as well. Another family of 4 children the oldest was 15 and the youngest was 3, and the 15 year old was raising the other siblings because they had lost both parents to Aids. What a responsibility to be only 15 and taking care of your younger 3 siblings. 1 being still a baby. And to see them starving and not being able to do anything for them.. So heartbreaking. My heart just goes out to these people and it makes me want to donate everything i have and adopt all the children.. We are so blessed and have so much and the sad thing is most of the time we are always wanting more and are not happy with what we have. Of course the highlight was seeing one of my favorite actors Brad Pitt... WOW He is so cute.. I hope they had a great contribution this year. I am excited to watch tonight to see how much they raised.

Well time to put kids to bed so i better be off. Thanks to all who is reading and leaving me comments. I love to hear from you all..

2 comments:

Jodi said...

SIX MILES IN 50 MINUTES??? Holy cow girl! You WERE definitely made for running! I am VERY impressed! I don't run that fast unless I am in a race! You just need to get that knee looked at and then go from there. Don't give up yet! There is a lot they can do for your knee. You are amazing for being so fast and being able to go SO far as a total beginner! You can't give it up! I would just get in to a good orthopedic doc and see what he says. But in the mean time don't over-do it. Woo-hoo! You are amazing!

nathalia said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad that we found each other in the blog world! We really, really want to come over for dindin and are sad that conference weekend didn't work out.

You're AMAZING. Running? You're on top of it! And good luck, run now and get in all your *energetic* activities now... wait until the humidity of summer rolls in.... duhn duhn...