Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm Finally Back!!!

I'm back.... What a month...I have so much to catch up on.. My parents left early this morning. we took them to the train station at 5:00 this morning. It was so hard to see them go.. Last night was the worst because they had to say goodbye to the kids because they would still be asleep this morning when they left. Just hearing the kids broke my heart. Austin did pretty good as well as Logan. Jessie was a mess. She was crying so hard and saying it's just so hard to say goodbye. I felt so bad.. She has been trying to convince me for 3 weeks now to buy her a ticket so she could go back with them. She kept asking mom to hide her in her suitcase. Oh it was so hard to see her so sad. Allie was a bawling wreck to. It was extremely difficult to keep it together last night as well as this morning. We will miss them so very much..

I have so many pictures to post of the vacations so i will do it a day at a time so i dont have an hour long blog to get through!!! LOL

The first slideshow will be pictures from the first week that my parents were here. The kids were in school still so we just kinda hung out at home that week. The last day of school we took the kids to the adventure aquarium. That was fun and we got to see the N.J Battleship. We didnt go tour it but we got some pictures of the outside.

It was just so great to have them here. Every morning that I was here I went bike riding with my dad. Man he biked my butt off. He has been biking for a couple of years now so he is pretty conditioned. With my not running for the last month i have plummeted with my shape and stamina. For the most part i kept up with him but there were a couple times i thought i was gonna kill over and was silently praying he would slow down and get tired to give me a sec to catch my breath. But it was so great. It helped keep my physical exercise going since I cant run yet from my dang leg injury that doesnt seem to be healing. I had some good burn outs for my legs.. I'm really going to miss his company riding in the mornings. He took the kids out for bike rides every single day. Sometimes several times a day. Allie really got into it. They would go 5-6 miles every time. I think the hardest part will be that the kids dont have them here to entertain them anymore. With just me it is hard to devide my time with all the things i have to do in a day and with all the activity i have to shuffle kids to and from that it is just hard to find the time to spend just playing with them.. I will have to try and make an effort every day.. They really thrive on that and without having many friends here to play with and with school being out they get bored very quickly.

Me and my mom got a ladys afternoon out yesterday. We went and walked around the Princeton downtown shops where we found the Lindor Chocolate company. Oh that was a big mistake going in there. if any of you have not tried a Lindor Chocolate i highly reccomend you do.. They are to die for.. We ended up getting these bars that were chocolate with blueberry vanilla yogurt cream in the center but it wasnt a cream it was thicker with little crunches in it.. We also got one that was peach and apircot, a strawberry rhubarb, a lemon cream, and a toffee crunch. Needless to say after sampling them we had to go back and buy more.. Oh and they had this one that was a chocolate drop with a wild berry jelly substance on top of a vanilla thick cream inside. Oh man....... It tasted just like a cheesecake bite. It was so heavenly... Now I'm in big trouble.. I'm really going to have to do alot of biking to work all the chocolate off..
Then after shopping we went to P.F Changs Bistro for lunch. Another highly reccomended place if you have never been before.. Their Chinese food put all else to shame. It was so good. That is by far my favorite restraunt to eat at.. Then we went home to relieve grandpa from the kids.. Me and Mom played our last game of Settlers of Catan.. A great game.. Very addicting. Then we all went on a walk to the bridge that goes over a part of the river where we ride our bikes to some great riding trails. There are alot of turtles that live there in this part of the river so we went and watched them for a while until we got rained on then we headed back home.
A great end to the 3 weeks.. But very sad and depressing as well. It was great to have the help exspecially when steve is traveling so much lately. Starting the end of this month he will travel 5 weeks out of six. 3 of them being right back to back he will fly from one state to the next without coming home in between. That will be extremely difficult. With no family around it gets tough being alone with the kids for that long with no help. Exspecially at their ages. Owell I guess thats life.. We will grit our teeth and bear it.

I will post more tomorrow on the trip to New York and post the pictures from those few days. We got some great shots of Niagra Falls.

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Sorry it was such a sad goodbye, but so glad you all had a great time! Great pics too! I cheated and looked ahead at some of your other vacation slide shows too :)

Jen said...

I'm glad you guys have had such a great time with your parents. What a hard good bye! Can't wait to see more of your pictures and hear more about your vacation. I hope your knee gets to feeling better. You're a natural and can't quit now! But I'm sure that all the biking did you a lot of good! I could never do that! Glad you guys had fun!

Jodi said...

what a great time with your folks! I know it was just as hard for them (if not harder) to say goodbye too! Treasure the memories!