Well Once again we spent the weekend moving furniture... I swear it's murphy law.. We had been trying to sell that armoir and dresser we moved into our kids room last weekend since Dec and now as soon as we move it some one calls and wants to buy it.. So we had to move the big massive armoir out of our sons room and down the stairs to the back of our Denali and then again from the Denali into the persons home that bought it.. I think Steve about broke his back.. We called a neighbor of ours to help him pick it up and carry it down the stairs and to the car. He is a pretty thick guy so I wasnt to worried about him so he went down the stairs first so steve had the back and it causes you to kinda bend over coming down. Well about half way down I see steve leaning and loosing the armoir so i throw my hands up against the side that our neighbor had to keep all the weight coming down on top of him. They eventually made it down but steve's back had popped and he was hurting pretty bad.. Then he had to deliver it to the guy who bought it and help him carry it into his house. He said the guy started to lean and steve had to take most of the weight to keep it from falling over.. It really is to heavy for just 2 people to lift. Then to top that all off steve and I had to carry Austins old dresser back up from the basement to his room again and it is quite heavy too.. Needless to say I think Steve will be doped up on Ibprofren for a few days poor guy.. He said when we go to move again the dresser is staying here..LOL Besides its pretty old its probably25 years old.. Back then furniture was made out of real wood and sturdy not this particle board stuff. It's lasted along time and has held up good but its on its last leg and its not worth moving again. So for now Austin will have to put up with it for another year. But isnt that how it usually works? We try to sell it forever and when we finally give up then it sales....
I was really wanting Sat to be a fun family day for us since steve was leaving early this morning for san diego but we just had so many things to do it just didnt worked out as we had planned. We did however get to go on a family bike ride to the big park that has alot of bike trails around it. Unfortunatly about 2-3 blocks into the ride jessies front tire hit the edge of a driveway which out here all the driveways out here are raised 2-3 inches and have a stoned edge so her tire hit that and caused her to loose control and tip over.. I was leading our family line down the road and steve was last with Jessie in front of him. All I heard was Oh Jessie and a big crash. I stopped and turned around to see her sprawled out across the driveway, so I got off my bike and started running back. steve had Logan in one of those hiking back packs on his back so he couldnt really bend over to pick her up and we had cars stopping and getting out to come help. I got there and picked her up and there was blood all over her knee so I was going to take her back home and clean her up then meet the family down at the park but brave little Jessie said she was ok and wanted to go and she would have it cleaned out when we got back.. she is a tough little cookie. We were able to go on our ride and we came back and cleaned her up.. It wasnt so bad once we got the blood cleaned up but it still looks like it hurt.. She cried all night and her knee was a bit swollen when we put her to bed so we ended up giving her some tylenol to help with the pain.
You know how you can be doing something and all of a sudden you will smell something and it takes you back to a childhood memory where you experienced that smell or taste or whatever it is before? That happened to me on our way home from the bike ride yesterday. I was riding along through the trees and I could smell this frangrance and it immediatly brought me back to my childhood when I was about 4 or 5 I had this Bambi scratch and sniff book. One one of the pages it had some tall forrest trees and on the bark it had the scratch and sniff sticker and it kinda smelled like a pine mixed with something else. It would be hard to describe it but it was a sweet pinesy smell.. That was one of my favorite books growing up i would read it over and over and I have never experienced that smell since but as I was riding yesterday I could smell it. It was so weird it actually smelled just like that scratch and sniff page. I probably would have never thought of that book again had I not smelled that yesterday. What a great memory..
Well I think its going to be a long week.. I hope it goes fast..




.gif)












2 comments:
Smells that remind you of memories: http://www.cbihateperfume.com/
Check it out. I'm totally asking for some for Christmas!
Wow she is one tough girl! That knee looks sore! I love when you have something that reminds you of your childhood! Thats so cool that it made you remember that book! I need to start writing down all my memories when I think of them so I don't forget them all!
Post a Comment