I have been meaning to get on and blog over the last few days but I have been so busy I just kept forgetting.. I spent all day thursday and friday doing some summer cleaning instead of spring cleaning.. I started with my girls room (jessie and Logan) and gutted their room and rearranged beds and dressers.. When we first moved out here the movers broke me and steve's bed so we had to go get a new one so we decided to get matching night stands and dressers as well.. We have never in the 13 years we have been married had matching bedroom furniture so it was about time.. We had a huge dresser with the trifold mirrors and a huge heavy armoir that we needed to get rid of so we have been trying to sell them ever since but have had no luck in selling them.. The bad thing is they are really pricy pieces of furniture and they are really big pieces of furniture oh and did i mention really heavy so we dont want to just give them away!!!!!!! Anyways so we have had our huge king size bed our huge 2 chest dressers, this big armoir and another big dresser and 2 nightstands all in our bedroom. As you can guess it was a little crowded.. So thursday I decided to move the old big oak dresser in my girls room and take their old dresser down stairs. So I spent all of thursday rearranging beds to make room for this dresser that of course being the big buff chic that I am (NOT) moved everything all by myself pushing with my back and using my legs. It looks really good in their room but didnt have quite the space as the other dresser so we had to go through all their clothes and do some downsizing. So by the end of the day I was pretty exhausted and pretty soar. Then because I didnt learn from the first time I decided to do it all over again on Friday.. This time I decided to move my sons bed around, move his dresser downstairs and give him the big armoir for his little tv and video games and his clothes..
we had to get creative because the armoir only has 2 drawers in it for clothes so we had to get rid of 3/4 of his toys in his closet drawer so we could fit some clothes in it.. I tell you this armoir probably weighs several hundred pounds.. I know when we moved it took 4 men to carry the dumb thing. And once again I used my back and legs and pushed this beast from our room across the hall and into my sons room. It was so heavy I think I about blew my knees out pushing so hard and as if I didnt have enough problems with my knees already. DUH!!!
I'm just one of those people that once I get an idea in my head to do something I dont have patience to wait so I thought I'll just get it done and that way my husband wont try and talk me out of it or tell me no.. It will already be done LOL...The only thing I couldnt do was move my sons dresser down to the basement by myself.. It is one of those old heavy oak armoirs that used to be my moms that probably weighs almost a ton as well. So I had to wait for steve to help me with that one and even with the 2 of us it was really scarry because i chose to be on the bottom end and we have 2 flights of stairs to go down to get to the basement and on the first set every time steve took a step down I felt like it was going to push me right over and it really scared me.. At one point I knew I was gonna loose it and steve had to put his end down slide around it as I held the weight with my chest and face until he could come help grab the end and we just had to slide it down the rest of the way until we could get it turned up on its side. Whew!!! Then I spent the rest of friday moving our 2 big dressers around and the nightstands so we could actually have them up by our bed... Our room looks so much bigger now with half the furniture gone its amazing and it looks so clean and not so cluttery..
and the kids rooms look really great too. Then On Sat we spent the afternoon cleaning the basement. We store all our kids toys down there in toy boxes to help save room in their bedrooms and help them keep it a little cleaner. The toy boxes were starting to overflow so we went through and gutted them as well and chucked half of the toys and categorized all the toys to certain drawers in the dressers we moved down there so it looked really good down there... I have no idea how long it will last but for now it looks pretty awesome.. There is just something about deep cleaning the house and organizing and making everything nice and neat. It really makes you feel good inside and tidy.. Of course with 4 kids it wont last long and I feel like all I do is go after them and constantly pick up after them so that the house will stay that way but I know pretty soon I'll cave and say forget it and it will get messy again. But for now it looks nice.....
Come saturday though I was so wiped out and could barely move I was so sore. My lower back had bruises all across it where I had pushed the furniture with it. Its still pretty sore today... The weekend was so hot here.. It was 98 and with the humidity the weathermen said it feels like 106. We had heat wave warnings for a couple of days on the news.. It was one of those weekends where you just stay inside with the AC and dont go out.. We got to talking how this time last year we were up at Flaming Gorge in utah camping and boating and fishing and waterskiing. Man I miss that so bad. What I wouldnt give to be doing that right now... I miss our boat and 4 wheeler. Owell hopefully next year we will be back and doing it again....
Anyways that is how we spent our wonderful weekend. Steve leaves this weekend for 3 weeks so it will be some hard long weeks for me. Not looking forward to it. It would be so much easier if we had some family near by to go see to help pass the time. Owell trying to stay positive.. It could always be worse.. I dont know how the wifes of the men serving our country do it. What brave couragous women, and what great examples they are to me..
Well thats it folks.. Sorry for such the long post today.. I was trying to fit the weekend in 1 blog.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Summer Cleaning
Posted by The Hoyt Family at 9:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




.gif)












5 comments:
Crazy girl! Of course I would do the same thing just so that I couldn't be talked out of it! Sorry you're sore and have bruises! Good thing you have blogs to keep you company while he's away. I don't know how you do it! You're amazing! Oh, do you want to come clean out my house while you're in the mood!
Oh! So tough with Steve gone for so long. Maybe I'll try to come up one of these days. I mean, we ARE your closest family out here! Hope you survive the heat! It was fun to read about your vacation! Hi to all the kids from us!
Jen,
Sure I'll just hop on a plane and be over in a few hours... LOL I wish... Natalie,
Thanks it would be awesome to see you and the baby.. We have been meaning to come see you but have been so busy.. Maybe we can meet somewhere and make a day of it.. I am glad we have some family near by..
You are one tough mama! Where are the pics of the rooms redone???? You really do need to move back to Utah. We'd have so much fun!
Yeah I want pictures too! Maybe they will motivate me to get doing the same thing. I have been trying to get to that all summer. Only I also have to paint and basically redecorate two rooms!
I can't believe you are so bruised! But I have the same stubborness and will do whatever it takes just so it gets done when I want it done!
Post a Comment