Thursday, June 5, 2008

Snow White and the 4 Dwarfs


Today I felt like Snow White in a fairy tale land. We had a monsoon last night so it seemed anyways. Our back yard was flooding everywhere and we had tornado warnings again. anyways the rain brought out all the creatures of our forrest out here. This morning along my run I saw probably at least 3 dozen of these







and probably at least a dozen of these






and a few of these





and some of these, these, and these.








Oh and these, and these.






Plus probably 4 or 5 other species of birds I didnt know..


And My kids I think equalled 7 dwarfs.. I had Sneezy, grumpy, sleepy, happy, and dopey all this morning I was only missing Doc and Bashful.


Oh my gosh I cant forget my crazy story of yesterday... Yesterday I was a turtle rescuer. I was taking Logan to school and I was about to turn on the road that goes down towards all the schools and all these cars were slamming on their brakes and going out around something in the road. When I got closer to it I saw it was this big turtle. I thought oh no someone is going to hit it so I took logan to school and went back but by the time I got there it was gone. I thought oh probably someone ran over it or it must have made its way to the other side. There is a big river and swampy area on the other side of the road and I figure thats where it was headed. So when I went back to pick up logan after school there it was again in the middle of the road with cars trying to swerve around it to avoid hitting it. So I got logan and went back and thought I would go rescue it but by the time I got back it was gone again. So I flipped back around and drove past one more time and saw him behing the medal viaduct fence thing that runs along the bridge over the river so I pulled off the road and ran back toward the bridge to rescue him. I found him and picked him up and he was alot heavier then I thought he would be. So I have him by the edge of his shell and I'm trying to carry him down this steep bank to go take him down by the river and his legs and arms just start wailing trying to claw at my hands and I dropped him on his back so I had to roll him over and pick him back up and he again starts wailing his arms and legs trying to claw at my hands and the nails on this guy is long so it was really hard trying to keep from getting clawed then he starts hissing at me and starts snapping his head out of his shell trying to bite me. He was so fast with his head he almost got me. So once again I dropped him on his back so I got this stick and rolled him over and I knew I was not going to be able to pick him up again because he was really going bizerk so I tried pushing him down the hill with the stick. It was pretty funny you had to be there.... I didnt get him down as far as I wanted to but I got him at least a ways down the hill from the road so hopefully he wouldnt get hit.... It was a crazy day.. I wish I would have had my camera but this is what he kinda looked like..




Anyways that was my crazy turtle story. On to the next adventure, or fairy tale....



Stay tuned......


0 comments: