Saturday, May 17, 2008

Oh what a day..

Wow what a day.. Most of it I have blogged on my other site check it here..

I had a great run today. I'm feeling great except for a couple rashes on my arms and some sore feet. 2 of my kids allie the oldest who is 11 and jessie who is 6 rode their bikes along side of me today while I ran and I cant believe how aesome they were. They rode the whole 10.25 miles with me... I think they will sleep like logs tonight... Allie is already complaining about her butt being sore. I told her wait until tomorrow. LOL They were troopers.


My son didnt fare so well today. While I was out on my run he was using a saw to cut some branches (why did he have a saw when he is only 9?? Good question!! I asked my husband the same thing..) Anyways the saw slipped and went right through his thumb and through his nail. It was pretty deep and the one end probably could have used stitches but the rest was through his nail so they probably couldnt have done anything with that so we just tried to bandage it up tight to keep it closed and hopefully it will heal ok. Then he had a baseball game tonight and he tried playing the best he could with his thumb but ended up opening it up again so we had to re bandage it. It was pretty gross. then he got hit with the ball right in the back of his knee. He cried and steve kept saying your ok walk it off. take one for the team.. Aaarrggghh he is not a teenager he is still my little boy and if he wants to cry because he is in pain then by all means!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who cares..... LOL Poor little guy.. But he walked it off just in time to jab his other knee into something sharp and hard Im not sure what it was but it cut him across his other knee and left a good size black bruise across it and because it was right across the knee cap it was really tender and probably hurts the worst then any of his other injurys today.. I just felt bad for him.. We loaded him up with advil tonight to help with all the aches and pains and sent him to bed.. I dont think Ill hear a sound out of any of my kids tonight... And I probably wouldnt hear them if they did because i am pretty exhausted myself after running the 10.25 miles today.


Steve attempted to clean up some of our jungle outside. We have weeds that are like trees in our back yard. They stand taller then we are. The people who own this house planted just tons of bushes and tree's and flowers and groundcover all over this yard and because of all the rain it gets here they are just growing like mad. Its hard to tell the diffrence between all the ground cover foilage and the weeds. It's crazy. I dont think we will ever get caught up with it.. Plus our grass is 3 feet tall right now and we tried buying a riding lawn mower because there is no way we can do it with our little push mower we have at least an acre if not more of grass. We had a yard landscaping group mowing it every week but then they stopped because they found out they were not supposed to be doing it anymore since we moved in. So now its up to us. But we have had bad luck in getting our new riding lawn mower here so I attempted to go do it with our mower the other day and all I had was 1 1/2 hr before I had to go somewhere and I got 2 strips around the edge of the front lawn and the strips between the sidewalk and road that run along the front and side of our property.. Thats it for 1 1/2 hrs... Pathetic.. Then it rained all day yesterday so i couldnt finish it and then steve was going to do it with the new mower today but found out it had some damage to the front of it so we had to rearrange for the 3rd time for Sears to deliver us a new one. So maybe come monday we will finally finish mowing our lawn. By then it will be 3 ft tall.

Thats about all we accomplished today. Im dead so i'm off to bed...

1 comments:

Jodi said...

What a day! Sorry about your little guy. Those boys find so many ways to injure themselves! Your flower shots are beautiful! What kind are they? Hydrangeas?