Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Weekend







It was a great weekend. Saturday we all went in and got our hair done. Jessie chopped hers off a bit. Allie added a couple strips of red to her bangs that they were adding into my hair so they let her have a couple for free, Austin and steve got theirs cut as well.


I didnt get my long run that i was planning on doing since we spent 3 1/2 hrs at the salon. I did get to go get me some running shoes though so that was fun..


Sunday after church we left for Hershey PA where were were meeting up with some good friends of ours from santaquin UT, They have a son who served a mission in PA and was having a reunion so they decided to come up for that and go see some sites so we hooked up with them on monday and went to the Hershey Amusement park. It was really fun. It's like a disneyland but better. We only got to see about 1/4th of the park though because there is so much to do. You really need at least 2 days if not 3 to get it all in. But we enjoyed the day. We got to go over to the chocolate factory where they make all the hersheys chocolate bars and hersheys choc syrup and do the tour there and see how they make chocolate. It was pretty interesting. And it smelled so yuuummmmyyy!!!! The Kids got to take part in a little make your own chocolate thing so they had fun and of course we couldnt leave without buying up half the store. We walked out with $50.00 worth of chocolate. Just what I need!!! But it is sooooo goood....










I couldn't find my camera until the very end so I didnt get any good picts but i did get a couple of the hill side and one group one.. It was a great weekend.. I wish we could have spent some more time with the green family. It was hard to say goodbye to them again. It made us miss home terribly... The kids dont go back to school until thursday which is so crazy i wish they could go back sooner and get out of school earlier. They dont get out until the 20th of june.. So crazy here... Anyways That was our weekend.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh what heaven to be in Chocolate-ville! I have always wanted to go there! What was your favorite part about the factory? Is it true they have a chocolate river like in Willy Wonka??? Mmmmmmmm

The Hoyt Family said...

Yep they do have a chocolate river in there and it smelled oh so wonderful. I could have spent all day in there smelling that. My favorite part other then eating all the choc would probably be watching my littlest one on this ride called the frog jumper its a seat that just bounces you up and down and for some reason she would just laugh and giggle so loud you just couldnt help but laugh along with her.