Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Hay Ride

Thursday our ward had a what they call Mother's Group activity for mothers and their small children who are not in school yet. They usually have some kind of activity once a month and this month was to go to the Windsor Farms and got on a hay ride and pick out a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch.. It was a really fun time.. My other children really missed out. They drive you through the forrest where they have set up little towns and villiages with scarry halloween characters from scarry movies like freddie crougar and Jason. They also had the amnityville house and the bates motel. It was really cool.. After leading us through the haunted forrest we stopped at a big rest place where they had several tables and bathrooms and they gave us fresh apple cider.. I am not a big apple juice fan but this apple cider was just the best stuff I have ever tasted. It was strictly juice straight from the apples it was so good!! I brought some home and my family devoured it..




They also had a bunch of Disney characters throughout the forrest from some of the monster disney movies like shrek, scooby doo, monsters inc,3 pigs and the wolf, little red riding hood,casper. The kids were so excited they just had a blast.



Ok so this is strange.. blogger is not letting me format the way I want so this is not looking how I wanted it too. I am not sure why it is doing this.. Anyways here is a pict of the pirates, they had a big pond and acroos the other side of the pond was a big pirate ship with all the skeletons and pirates. Sorry some of the pictures ar not that great it was hard to get some of them as we were moving on the trailer. But if you click on the picture it will show you a bigger picture..








Logan picking her pumpkin!!


















The villiage of the witches!!








































This was at the entrance. The pumpkin goblin actually lighted up and talked to us the kids really got a kick out of it..

















4 comments:

Jen said...

That really looks like so much fun! It's kind of nice to have those moments with just one kid. Of course the pictures can't lie and the other kids end of feeling left out. Guess you'll just have to take the rest some other time.

Jodi said...

Oh man! THAT IS SOMETHING I WOULD LOVE to have in my area! How fun!!!! I agree with Jen on taking the others some other time.

Jodi said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just realized I haven't mailed you your PRIZE!!!! The plate!!!!
I saw it sitting in my garage!!!! I have TOTALLY lost it! Serious!

I AM SO SORRY! You should have said something to wake me up!!!!!

I will get it to you ASAP!

Courtney said...

That looks like such a FUN place!!!