I know its a little early for Halloween but when I went to a friends site Jodi and saw how she was posting on christmas already I got excited and I just love Holidays. It seems like they come and go so quickly that by the time you get ready and in the spirit of them they are over.. At least that is how I feel about Christmas. I put my tree up right after Thanksgiving but by the time I finally get in the christmas cheer and actually start to enjoy it it is over... So I am starting early this year.. I cant wait for christmas... Last year was horrible because we moved to New Jersey christmas week.
We flew out the 20th and had to stay in a hotel for 2 days because the house we were moving into its heater had broke and was spilling carbon monoxide into the house so we were put up in the Marriott for a couple days. We had to try and unpack our house with no heat and with 4 kids freezing to death and no where for them to go or do.. No fun.. We finally got a christmas tree up the 23rd but by then there was not much time to enjoy it and everything was so kaotic it was not a fun christmas and I couldnt wait until it was over.. Nobody was in a good mood for christmas. We were all sad because we were not in utah to enjoy it with some of our familys... Thankfully my parenets were there to help us move in and was able to share christmas with us.. I dont think I could have made it without them... How sad because I usually love Christmas.
I have been checking out some costumes for my girls this year. I have a friend who used to be an old neighbor who is extremely talented and has been making some costumes and they are so darling you can check them out here. Such fun... I have always loved halloween. I think its just because it means candy and I have such a sweet tooth. I just love candy... Plus there is so much fun stuff to decorate with.. If I could have it my way my whole yard would have the grave stones
and the skeletons
hanging from the porch and the goblins and other spooky creatures lurking through the yard and house.
The windows lit up and cob webs everywhere,
I love decorating for the holidays.. It drives my hubby nuts... One year I had a halloween bunco party and had soup in pumpkin bread bowls with jello in the mold of a brain with eyeballs it it. and we had punch served from a cauldron with the dry ice putting off the smoke or fog whatever you call it and for dessert a yummy choc eclair sheet cake topped with the crushed oreo cookies for dessert and the gummy worms and spiders on top.. It was alot of fun.. Doing holiday cooking is about the only time I really love to cook......
and the skeletons
hanging from the porch and the goblins and other spooky creatures lurking through the yard and house.
The windows lit up and cob webs everywhere,
I love decorating for the holidays.. It drives my hubby nuts... One year I had a halloween bunco party and had soup in pumpkin bread bowls with jello in the mold of a brain with eyeballs it it. and we had punch served from a cauldron with the dry ice putting off the smoke or fog whatever you call it and for dessert a yummy choc eclair sheet cake topped with the crushed oreo cookies for dessert and the gummy worms and spiders on top.. It was alot of fun.. Doing holiday cooking is about the only time I really love to cook......


Anyways so here's to all you ghouls and goblins out there.






.gif)












5 comments:
I LOVE Halloween too! Unfortunately though, I've had to work at a Halloween event almost every year for the last 10-12 years (except the year I gave birth to Adam 5 days before Halloween- they let me have that one off. lol) So, I spend Halloween making sure other people's kids have fun instead of my own :( I do like seeing all the kids in their costumes, and hubby usually does bring my boys by for a little bit, so it all works out I guess.
Love your spooky food ideas, very cute.
Thanks for the shout out! I also love decorating for the holidays! My hubby hates all the boxes of holiday decorations we have to store.
SO glad to find someone that loves Halloween as much as me! It is my VERY FAVORITE holiday of all! Everyone thinks I must be a little wicked or evil to like it better than Christmas, but I do! I love it! Prob because there is less pressure on me for Halloween, and I love to be scared!
The pix on here were so awesome! This got me so excited for it!!! And I LOVE your template!!!!
Where did you find the mold of the brain? That's so awesome! We have a fun halloween dinner every year and we totally need to add that to the mix! I'm glad the holiday season is upon us too!
I think I got the brain mold from either walmart or macy's grocery store.
Post a Comment