It was a pretty nice weekend. We all got to sleep in and enjoy saturday. I went to get my hair done because I couldn't stand to see my 4 months of gray staring at me anymore.. It is so expensive to get your hair done out here. I can get my hair done 3 times in utah for the amount I pay to get it done once out here so I really try and stretch my hair appnts. Anyways it took 4 1/2 hours to get it done.. Can you believe that... It only took about 1-2 hrs at the most to do it back home.. Anyways I was really planning on coming home and relaxing and spending the night with my family but as soon as I got home my husband was like are you going to go to the General Relief Society broadcast and activity. I was like no I dont want to go I'v been gone all day and I dont know anyone who is going and have no idea how to get to our stake center. Its quite aways out there along some crazy windy forresty back roads. So my husband was like you really should go go call a couple ladies and see if they are going and see if you can go with them. So I was a little annoyed and felt like I was being pushed into going. I called a sister I have been getting to know a little better and she said she was in the same vote I was and didnt know if she really wanted to go either. I said if she wanted to go I would go and if she didnt I wouldnt either.. I dont know if that made her feel guilty and responsible for my spiritual well being or not (LOL) but she decided to go so that meant I was going too.. I am so glad she made that decision and my husband coaxed me into going. It turned out to be a great night. They had booths set up all around the gym with samples of food and recipes for food made with stuff from food storage like breads and desserts and soups and rice dishes and wheat dishes. It was great and very informative. They had booths on first aid kits and 72 hr kits. I was able to get alot of information. Then they served us dinner and then we went into the chapel to hear the R.S Broadcast which was wonderful. I am so glad I went..
Monday, September 29, 2008
Allie's Owie
Today was a pretty layed back day.. I am in the process of trying to organize and refresh our 72 hour kits and emergency preparedness stuff. After my enrichment night on Sat about emergency preparedness and food storage and then sunday we had a combined lesson in church really talking and pushing emergency preparedness and food storage.. Hmmmm I wonder if they are trying to tell us something? Anyways our ward had done a survey a couple months ago on how much food storage each of us had and what kind of supplies we had.. We came to find out that 68% of us only had 1-3 months worth of storage. So they are organizing some groups to start putting together some items in a few diffrent categorys that will be made available for us to purchase. So like the young women are going to make first aid kits and the priesthood is going to make a 72 hour kit in a back pack and so forth so it really got me thinking and in the mood to start organizing ours.. I dont think I have even looked at our 72 hr kits since austin or jessie was a baby so I dont even have clothes or anything for the kids that they could fit into...
Steve took the kids to the park after dinner tonight so I came after with my camera to take some picts. They were playing freeze tag. I couldnt get the camera to focus very well so sorry for the blurryness. On the way home we had a little accident. Allie was riding her scooter and had the dog leash tied up to the handlebar of the scooter and he went to pull away from her and it jerked her off the scooter and she did a nice belly flop on the road right in a nice mud puddle. I was back aways so I didnt get to see what happened until I arrived at the house but when I looked I saw blood running down her hand and arm. I tried to get some picts but had a hard time getting the camera to focus up close. It really did look painful. The one on her elbow was really pretty deep. It took several layers off. I think she may have sprained her other wrist as well. Poor kid.. On this trip back home Jessie fell off her bike twice as well but was unharmed. And Logan this morning to the bus stop and this afternoon to the bus stop both times she tripped over a raised part of the sidewalk and scuffed her hands up too.. Steve said we had a bunch of handy girls on us.. Klutzy in otherwords.





And thus ends the excitement of the scraped hands and body parts today.. Alas we will live to see another day.. It is good the kids get tomorrow off for rosh hashana. We may have an accident free day knock on wood..
Posted by The Hoyt Family at 7:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




.gif)












7 comments:
That's a good looking oowie! Poor thing! It sounds like they might want to all start walking for a while! I need to do the same thing to my 72 hour kits. They don't have ANY clothes in them. And the food that's in there wouldn't last 3 days, that's for sure. Thanks for the reminder to get my rear in gear!
Don't you love all the school holidays out here? Poor Allie with her owies. Also, our ward has also been pushing food storage BIG time... Maybe they ARE trying to tell us something. I loved the RS broadcast too.
72 hour kits? Hmmm, sounds like another thing I should have and don't. Ouch on the owie! Hope those heal up quickly.
Oh thanks for inspiring me to get on my 72 hour kits too! Mine haven't been touched in YEARS! I probably still have diapers in them! lol!!!
Wasn't the broadcast wonderful??? I remember when we lived in St. Louis and had to go to the stake center for all of those. We have it so good back here!
Ouch poor girl.... That broadcast was great. I'm glad to hear that you will be heading our way.
Raigon,
Hey long time! You look just like you did in high school minus the 80's hair do. Gorgeous family! Just thought I'd say 'hi' , Hope you're doing well.
Jason Grange
I need to find out how to change the background on my blog! I only know how to do the samples they give you! How are you??
Post a Comment