Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Frozen Pipes

Well today has not started off so great... Steve is in Vegas for the week with work for his POA meeting so it has been just me and the kids..  Yesterday Allie got a ride home from school with a boy she likes (not sure I am liking that) and so she came in through the garage instead of the front door like the kids usually do when coming home from school.. So she left the garage door open.. Well I usually check all the doors when I go to bed at night especially when Steve is not here and I didnt think to check the garage door this time.  So when we woke up today we found we had no water in the house.. At first I thought it was something wrong with the toilet but came to realize we had no water anywhere which meant frozen pipes.. When I went to the garage where I believe the pipes are since our water softener system is there I found the garage door had been left open...

I was so furious... Not only can that freeze our pipes, but we have no lock on the door going out into the garage so anyone could have walked right in to my house last night and taken anything or worse..  I am counting my blessings that that did not happen... It's been so cold here with temps down in the - digits at night so its no wonder our pipes have froze...

I have had space heaters running out there since 6:30 this morning trying to heat the pipes up and it is now 12:30 and we still have no water... And of course all the kids had to go to the bathroom this morning so all my toilets have pee in them and we have no way to flush them...

You know my family has always kidded me about having all these apple juice bottles filled with water  along with all my water barrels down in my food storage room for emergencies.. And I had to dump all of them out when we moved a month ago and I never got around to filling my water storage barrels back up so now that we need some we have nothing.. Now I bet their laughing!!!!!!!!




So I decided to take a 5 gallon bucket and fill it up with some snow and brought it into the house to melt so I can at least flush my toilets.. LOL   Hope they thaw soon before night comes or we will probably be without water again tomorrow... plus my electric bill is goint to be through the roof with running 2 heaters all day.. UUGGHH   Got to love them kids!!!!  :(

0 comments: