Ok so this has been a long time coming.. I had some picts on a camera I couldn't get to transfer on my computer so I finally took them in and had them burned to a disk. So now I am doing a catchup on them all..
So back in May just as I was packing up to move I recieved this wonderful gift from a friend in Utah for winning her baby guessing contest.. How awesome is that?? Thanks Chelsea!! Right before I moved One of my best friends from Utah came to visit and we went and had a girls night out in NY.. It was so fun..
Central Park.
Rockefeller Plaza
Ok so this is crazy.. We were crossing the street and we hear this loud explosion right next to us and we couldnt figure out what it was. It scared the crap out of us we thought at first it was a gun shot. we were looking around and saw this.. A transponder from under the ground had blown. right next to where we were standing.. If we would have been a second earlier it would have got us.. soon were were being asked to get away that it could blow and soon fire fighters and cops were showing up and taping the area off as we were watching.. The smoke and rumbling kept getting higher and louder. It actually blew a few more times as we were there.. It was kinda freaky!! Looking off the Empire State Building.
Standing on the top of Empire!!
Empire State Building..
We went and saw the broadway play wicked and it was the best play I have ever seen not that I have seen more then two but it was so awesome.. definently worth seeing..
Night life in NY..
Mackinac Island doing our 8 mile bike tour around the island.. Stopped on one of the beaches to throw rocks in the water.. The water was so beautiful and clear..
I cant remember what the name of this site was but it had a beautiful arch with the lake in the background..
Coming over to the Island on the ferry we got this shot.. The Govenors Mansion is in the background I believe..
This was carthage Jail where the prophet Joseph Smith was murdered. The top window is where he fell out of when he was shot.
Austin standing by the door where the bullet came through and killed Josephs brother Hyrum.
This was the brick house where the saints got their bricks to build their homes in Nauvoo.
A view of the Mississippi River from the back yard of the Joseph Smith Farm house.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Much Awaited Catchups +Vacation Updates..
Ok so here is the picts I promised a while ago from our vacations.. Sorry this is so long. There was so much to catch up on. There were so many other ones I wanted to put on here but for some reason my camera transferred them in NEF format and blogger will not upload any files in that format. I have tried to open them up in paint and re save them as a jpeg but my comp wont allow me to do it and I have no idea why... I have no clue as to why my comp is transferring them in that format and I am not camera savvy enough to figure it out.. Anyone have any idea?? Anyways this is what I had that were in the jpeg format that blogger would upload... The one day at macinac I had forgotten my camera so my mom has all the picts.. She did send me a couple that I have put on here and the rest I will have to add later..
Posted by The Hoyt Family at 10:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






.gif)











2 comments:
Fun, fun. I would love to see all those sites! Glad you had a good time.
How fun that you live so close to those things. I've never been there but hope to someday. Didn't you just love Wicked! Looks like a really fun time.
Post a Comment