Thursday, September 17, 2009

Diagnosis/ Relief



Well I had to go back to the Orthopedist today to get the results of my bone scan and it was actually a relief.. We finally have a diagnosis.. I have a stress fracture on my femoral neck.. Its the bone that is under the hip and connects to the femur. It's serious in the fact that if it continues to break clear through they would have to do 1 of 3 things. I would either need a hip replacement or they would have to go through the hip with a big screw into the bone or they would have to go in and replace the bone.. The Doctor said that is kinda serious for someone my age plus it can cause blood restriction to the head which is not a good thing so he want to take serious measures to make sure I dont further injure it so I have to be on crutches for a month.. I can drive but thats it. No weight bearing on it for a month..


Whats even crazier is I have been doing all this walking on it for the past 5 weeks now with all the touring of northern michigan with my family and that was when I was in so much pain and really needed the crutches... And now after i have been walking on it htis whole time now they expect me to totally stay off it and use crutches for a month.. Right!!! ARRGGHH


How do you do this when you have 4 kids and all the little stuff a mother has to do in a day.. It is going to be very difficult to say the least.. Owell at least they know that I am not crazy when I have been telling them that it still really hurts and that it doesnt feel like its getting as better as it should... So it's kinda relief.. I was worried that they were going to just tell me it was a pulled muscle and get over it...



Well here's to being a gimp for a while..






2 comments:

Amy Adams said...

I am so sorry, I hope it works and you get feeling better in the month. Take it easy!

nathalia said...

Yes! Keep off of it and let the family try to pamper you. I hope that it heals quickly and that you'll have no further trouble with it!