Tuesday, August 30, 2016

First Day of School for the kiddos. Last first day for Austin. Senior this year. Jessie a freshman this year and Logan a 7th grader. Wow time is flying by. I am not liking this getting older and the kids leaving crap.



The kids being back in school is a love/ hate relationship for me. I love that I am back to a set schedule now and going back to the gym regularly, and getting up early, but I also miss the lazy days of summer, and sleeping in and having no set schedule.

Today being the first day of school it was so frantic. I didn't get done half of what I was planning to do. Between the gym, meeting with the guy who is doing our landscaping and going over things with him, to helping kids with school work and freaking out because I cant remember how to do freaking mixed fraction equations and now a days  the math they teach in school is so different then how we were taught I cant even figure it out anymore. Thank heavens for google. It's just so stupid because most of what they learn they will never use again once they get out of school.

Then it was more yard stuff, and getting dinner on the table at 8PM poor kids to having to run to walmart for some more school supplies for the kids and not getting back till 9:30 past time to get kids into bed.  My poor doggies leg or hip is hurt and he is not putting any weight on it and hopping around so worrying about him, I am missing my oldest who is serving her mission and is struggeling with homesickness. She called from the MTC last week in tears hoping that talking to me would help her feel better. Talk about being put on the spot for some great wisdom and counsel. I hope what I told her helped and we had family and friends flood her email with words of encouragement and had a family fast for her this past sunday so hoping she is having a much better week. My step dad is having surgery on his stomach today and its a pretty extensive surgery so worrying about him. And here it is 11:30 and instead of being in bed I am up on here journaling. Ha ha well guess I will call it quits now that I have ranted of my day.

Finally got Allies pre mission picts back so I will post some on here hopefully tomorrow.



 

0 comments: